Friday, February 26, 2016

SPRING PATTERN MIXING












TOP: J. Crew || SHIRT: J. Crew || PUMPS: French Connection  || BAG: Yesstyle ||

I have always loved pattern mixing on other people. When I try and recreate it I usually am not a fan and end up not wearing the look. I need to get out of my shell haha! When I got this skirt my mom kept saying "oh that would look so great with that navy top you have" and in my mind I was thinking " I want to wear a pattern with it!".. I sat the skirt aside for a few weeks and thought on it. Last Saturday I was getting ready to go shoot and I was digging in the back of my closet and found this purple gingham top. I pulled it out to wear it with something else and accidentally hung it next to this skirt! I noticed how perfect the colors went together so I stepped out of my comfort zone and wore it & I'm in love! I am trying to mix all patterns now haha. 

Here are a few tips I have realized through this pattern-mixing process.

1. Match colors not prints 

2. Break up the look with solid pieces ( I wanted to wear a colorful shoe and I'm happy I stuck with white)

3. Treat stripes as a neutral 

Thanks for stopping by & have a fabulous weekend! 


5 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! Some of my favorite print mixes have come from them hanging next to each other in my closet!

    -Karen
    LadyinViolet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I know, this isn't the first time this has happened! lol! Have a great Sunday.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.

09 10