Tuesday, March 1, 2016

FEBRUARY FAVORITES




Source: Pinterest 

I will probably say this every month but where has the time gone? It seems like it was just New Years and now its March 1st.. Anyways.. I didn't purchase that many new beauty products this month, I ran out of a bunch of my everyday products so I did a lot of re-purchasing. I bought a few clothing pieces this month though & some super cute jewelry pieces! I also decided that I would include a few lifestyle favorites along with beauty & fashion.

Disclaimer: this is a really long post.. beware!







Beauty products:
I placed my first order from Colourpop cosmetics a few weeks back & I am really impressed. I ordered two of the Ultra Matte lips, in shades Lumiere 2 & More-better. I also ordered a highlighter in the shade Lunch money. I can't believe how great the products are, especially for the price! I have found that if I apply one coat of 'More-better' then another coat just in the middle it gives a great ombre effect. Also, as I am sure you can tell I am extremely fair. When I received 'Lumiere 2' in the mail I was skeptical. It is very dark and has brown undertones. I was afraid it would wash me out! Lucky for me it didn't, if you are light like me give it a try its a beautiful color!

Another lip favorite of mine is this YSL lip stain. I have tried many products that claim to be a lip stain & they wear off within hours. This is an actual lip stain. I put it on around 7:00 in the morning & its still in place when I take my makeup off at night!

I have mentioned before about my recent breakouts... long story short I was on medicine that was causing me to get frequent migraines so I got off the meds and now I'm getting bad breakouts  (I would prefer the breakouts then the migraines) .. I have tried a few products to help with the breakouts and one that really stands out is the Mario Badescu drying lotion. I apply it every night to my problem areas & wake up and the breakout is gone! If you suffer from breakouts I would give this a try!


My favorite concealer is this NYX concealer in the shade 01. It instantly brightens up my under eye area & stays on all day. I set it with my Laura Mercier secret brightening powder or the banana powder that is in my Anastasia kit. NYX is sold at Ulta & Target or online!

I have always wanted to try St. Tropez self tanner but since I am so pale I was afraid I would turn orange. I bought it in December & just tried it out a few weeks ago for the first time a few weeks ago & the verdict is... Im in love!!!! It is soo easy to apply & doesn't leave me looking like an oompa loompa. I exfoliate & shave before and let my skin rest for a few hours. Then I apply a moisturizer to my hands, feet, elbows, & knees. After this absorbs into my skin I apply the self tanner. I bought the mit & use about 1.5 pumps per area (leg, arm, chest, stomach). I make sure to use circular motions and not forget any areas. I sleep in a big t-shirt (so I don't ruin my pjs) shower right when I wake up & my skin is left looking like I just got back from Costa Rica! Personally, I like the second day better. It's a bit faded and looks more natural. I also got really brave this past week and applied it to my face. I used a makeup brush and applied one pump all over. I loved the result. 


Lifestyle: 
My ultimate favorite for the month of February was Nurse Jacki.. I am an avid lover of Netflix (who isn't?!) & love to spend my spare time binge watching Netflix TV shows. Well, I kept seeing Nurse Jacki on the 'recommended' tab and thought I would give it a go.. After one 30 minute episode I was hooked.. It is insanely good!!! Nurse Jacki is a comedy/drama about a Nurse that is addicted to drugs and follows her life inside and outside the ER. Its hilarious & heartbreaking all at the same time. 



Fashion:
 I saw these earrings on J. Crew's site and immediately stopped what I was doing and went to see if my J. Crew had them (I'm all about instant gratification) haha! I bought them and can't seem to take them off! They are perfect. J. Crew's jewelry section has been seriously killing' it these past few seasons!

February clothing purchases: 

This black and white check top, seen here: 

This sequin skirt, seen here:

This orange button up top, seen here:


These black booties, seen here:

This skirt & bag seen here:

These pumps, seen here: 


Have a great first day of March & as always thanks for stopping by!

What are some of the things you loved during the month of February? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.

09 10